We are looking for people with a background in the Arts (movement, music, drama, art, puppetry) as well as in education who are interested in participating in our SmartstARTS Program at The Children’s Arts Corner in Lexington Massachusetts.
The goal of program is to use the Creative Arts to enhance children’s ability to learn academic concepts while learning to dance, sing, act and draw.
It is between the ages of 3 and 12 that human uses all forms of intelligences to understand the world. It is during that period of development that the wiring of the left and right side of the brain takes place. It is a time when children learn from different forms of stimulation.
Depending on their modality, participants will be expected to design the structure of programs around:
- Dance (creative movement, yoga etc)
- Music (singing, rhythm, instruments, etc)
- Visual Arts (draw, sculpt, paint, video, film, computer graphics)
- Drama (puppetry, acting, mime, story telling)
to achieve the following:
- Acquire foreing language skills
- Acquire Math and Logical Thinking skills
- Social Studies (history/geography/community)
- Acquire interpersonal skills
- Learn about Science and Biology
Additionally participants will develop an assessment test and take-home games to reinforce materials taught.
If you are interested in this program please contact:
1403 Massachusetts Ave, Lexington, MA 02420
Tel: (781) 862-3117
Fax: (781) 275-1898